New series on Teachers TV
28 Nov 2008
I have just finished shooting a new set of programmes for Teachers TV in the 'Need To Know' series. This takes a look at recent policy initiatives and seeks to explain what they mean in practical terms for teachers and students.
The new series looks at:
- Making Good Progress: the pilot which is introducing one-to-one tuition, Assessment for Learning techniques, progression targets and the progression premium.
- New GCSEs: all the changes to the new syllabuses and criteria, especially the replacement of coursework by 'controlled assessment'.
- Children's Trusts: what requirements do they make on schools?
- The Primary Review: what will Sir Jim Rose's review mean for primary school teachers?
- The Workforce Agreement: how are the changes to cover limits, PPA time and entitlement to Continuing Professional development affecting teachers' lives and work-life balance?
See Teachers TV website for programme times.